I’m trying out other ‘clean’ carb sources and though plain fried or baked plantain is already really tasty on itself, I created this recipe to have some variation in my repertoire. It also makes a yum snack! Just so you know, these patties stay kind of soft and don’t get hard and crispy. This recipe makes 4 servings.
Weightwatchers: 5pp per serving. Per serving: 206 kcal, 4,5 gr fat, 112 gr carbs, 6 gr protein.
- 300 grams of plantain (it doesn’t matter if it’s getting a bit soft or growing legs like mine)
- 1 big or 2 small onions
- A piece of ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 25 gr natural peanutbutter (mine has no additives)
- 30 gr natural peanutbutter powder (mine has no additives)
- Salt, pepper, chilli and curry powder
- Optional: non-stick spray or some oil to fry (not calculated in the nutritional information)
Throw all the ingredients in a food processor! Yes all! Process until its smooth-ish. Take a non-stick pan (I have a Stonehenge pan which I adore because almost nothing sticks to it!). Bake/fry the patties on low-medium heat. They WILL burn if you use high heat! When the top is starting to look a little bit dryer, flip them gently as they are still a bit soft. Heat for another minute or so and remove from the pan.